What identification do I need to be insured to drive?

We will contact you prior to your hire to request all documentation required should this be outstanding. Once you have uploaded all documentation required, on the day of collection you must bring:

– A valid driving license or international driving permit (if required)
– A debit or credit card for your Insurance Excess pre-authorisation.

What identification do I need to bring on the day of hire?

Below are the identification documents you must bring on the day:

UK Customers

– Valid driving license
– a DVLA code. This is obtained by going to www.gov.uk/view-driving-license. Please bring this code with you on the day or email us this prior.
– Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement or official letter stating your home address in order to identify your permanent address. These must be dated within the last 2 months.
– Credit or debit card required to pre-authorise your excess.

International Customers

– Valid Driving License
– Proof of address document dated within the last 2 months
– Passport
– Credit or debit card required to pre-authorise your excess

Where do I collect the motorhome from?

Currently we offer a free delivery service, bringing our luxury motorhomes to your home address. This is available for free for customers who stay within a 30 mile radius of Glasgow or Ayrshire.

Can the motorhome be collected from the airport?

We do offer motorhomes to be collected from Glasgow Prestwick International, Glasgow Airport and Edinburgh airport. Please get in touch with us to discuss.

How long does it take for the motorhome to be handed over to us?

On collecting, we recommend allowing one hour for handover as we need to provide an overview of the motorhome and how it works, and check your documents and also other essential information.

How long does it take for the motorhome to be returned to you?

On return, we recommend allowing 30 minutes, as we need to check the motorhome for any possible damage and take a signature to close the rental agreement.

What is included in the motorhome?

We provide a large range of equipment, crockery and other essential items for your motorhome adventure. Our motorhomes also come with some luxury extras and add-ons at an extra cost.

Where can I park the motorhome at night?

In Scotland, you are allowed to park freely in a rural location without connection to electricity. However, we would recommend that you choose to stay in campsites.

Where can I book campsites?
Who can drive one of your motorhomes?

Drivers must be between the age of 25 and 75 years old when booking and during the hire period.

Do I need to provide a deposit?

A refundable security deposit of £1000.00 must be provided to cover Motorhome Insurance Excess. This will be refunded automatically 7 days after the end of the hire provided that the motorhome is returned undamaged, to the correct location and the interior is clean.

Are your motorhomes pet-friendly?

We do allow pets to be brought on our motorhome hire vehicles.

What happens if my motorhome breaks down during my hire?

At Gallus Motorhomes, we provide 24/7 roadside assistance and breakdown cover as standard should there be any issues.